alexa Concept of Hydrogen Redox Electric Power Generator

Innovative Energy & Research
Open Access

OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Open Access Journals gaining more Readers and Citations

700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ Readers

This Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)

Review Article

Concept of Hydrogen Redox Electric Power Generator

Katsutoshi Ono*

Department of Energy Science and Technology, Kyoto University, Tokyo, Japan

*Corresponding Author:
Katsutoshi Ono
Department of Energy Science and Technology, Kyoto University, 3-16-8
Jiyugaoka, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Tel: +81 75-753-7531
E-mail: [email protected]

Received date: January 13, 2016; Accepted date: January 27, 2016; Published date: February 03, 2016

Citation: Ono K (2016) Concept of Hydrogen Redox Electric Power Generator. Innov Ener Res 5:129. doi:10.4172/ier.1000129

Copyright: © 2016 Ono K. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.

 

Abstract

The hydrogen redox power generation system is a combined energy cycle consisting of the H2O=H2+1/2O2 reduction reaction performed by the bipolar alkaline water electrolyzer with electrostatic-induction potentialsuperposed electrodes and the H2+1/2O2H2O oxidation reaction performed by the alkaline fuel cell. This type of electrolyzer functions by a mechanism in which the power used is theoretically 17% of the total electrical energy required, while the remaining 83% can be provided by electrostatic energy free of power. Part of the power delivered by the fuel cell is returned to the electrolytic cell and the remainder represents the net power output. This power generation concept assumes the use of a low temperature alkaline fuel cell and a low temperature alkaline water electrolytic cell, both commercially available. Calculations using the commercial data for the operational conditions show that the cycle power efficiencies ranging from 60 to 80% may be attainable, regardless of the total electrode surface area.

Keywords

Share This Page

Additional Info

Loading
Loading Please wait..
 
Peer Reviewed Journals
 
Make the best use of Scientific Research and information from our 700 + peer reviewed, Open Access Journals
International Conferences 2017-18
 
Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Annual Meetings

Contact Us

 
© 2008-2017 OMICS International - Open Access Publisher. Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Above IE 7.0 version
adwords