The Leuphana University Lüneburg was founded in 1946. The name Leuphana is derived from an ancient settlement on the Elbe river, that was mentioned in the geographical world atlas by Ptolemy in the 2nd century. It is designated as a foundation under public law. The Leuphana College concentrates its bachelor degree studies into eight departments and two teacher training courses. In 2008 a graduate college was opened that integrates master degree and doctorate programmes. In addition there is a pan-departmental research centre and a professional school for advanced study courses like business cooperation. In 2009, the campus in Suderburg was transferred to the Fachhochschule Braunschweig/Wolfenbüttel.
The following is the list of scholars from Leuphana University who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences