The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology is an international research university, leading the advance of science, technology, business and humanities. Established in 1991 and it is the territorys youngest higher learning institution with no precursory existence. HKUST delivers high quality educational and cross-discipline programs in science, engineering, business and management, the humanities and social sciences. HKUST had been previously ranked Asias No.1 by the independent regional QS University Rankings for three consecutive years from 2011-2013. It is ranked #2 and #3 by QS worlds under-50 universities in the year 2015.
There are 8,000 undergraduates studying for bachelor’s degrees and over 3,000 postgraduate students in master’s and PhD programs.
Schools and programs offices have the key responsibility for the academic life of the University
• School of Science (SSCI) – Department of Chemistry, Life science, Mathematics and Physics
• School of Engineering (SENG)- Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Civil and Environmental, Computer Science, Electronic and Computers, Industrial Engineering and Logistics Management and Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
• School of Business and Management (SBM) - Department of Accounting, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, Business Statistics and Operations Management, Marketing and Management.
• School of Humanities and Social Science (SHSS)- Division of Humanities, Social Science and Centre for Language Education
• Interdisciplinary Programs Office (IPO) - Division of Biomedical Engineering, Environment, Dual Degree Program Office, Risk Management and Business Intelligence Program Office
• HKUST Fok Ying Tung Graduate School - Office of Undergraduate Recruitment and Admission and Student Affairs Office.
HKUST is committed to excellence in research. The core academic disciplines of the university provide a solid foundation for the development of interdisciplinary research initiatives.
Research Centres and Institutes: HKUST provides strong infrastructural support for research and innovation. The institutes and research centres at the University create an interdisciplinary environment which helps the students to generate fresh ideas and allowing these ideas to be tested and realized. The institutes under the university are HKUST Jockey Club Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) and State Key Laboratories
Central Research Facilities: HKUST provide central research facilities to support the research and development activities of its faculty, students and staff.
Research Collaborations with Mainland China: HKUST Fok Ying Tung Graduate School/ HKUST Fok Ying Tung Research Institute in Nansha, HKUST Shenzhen Institute and HKUST LED-FPD Technology R&D Center in Foshan.
Some of the ongoing projects are Stem Cell Strategy for Nervous System Disorders - Prof. Nancy Ip Mechanistic Basis of Synaptic Development, Signalling and Neuro-disorders - Prof. Mingjie Zhang Novel Wave Functional Materials for Manipulating Light and Sound - Prof. Che-ting Chan
The following is the list of scholars from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology who contributed and/or serves as editors for one or more OMICS International journals and conferences
The following is the list of articles by scholars from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology that are published in OMICS International journals.
The following is the list of proceedings by scholars from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology that are published in OMICS International journals and conferences.