As per available reports about 44 journals, 86 Conferences are presently dedicated exclusively to blood transfusion and about 85495 articles are being published on the current trends in blood transfusion. In terms of research annually, USA, India, Japan, Brazil and Canada are some of the leading countries where maximum studies related to blood transfusion are being carried out. As reported from the above article, Blood transfusion is defined as transfer of blood or blood components from one person (the donor) into the bloodstream of another person (the recipient). Blood transfusion may be done as a lifesaving manoeuvre to replace blood cells or blood products lost through bleeding or due to depression of the bone marrow. Transfusion of one's own blood (autologous) is the safest method but requires advanced planning, and not all patients are eligible for it. Directed donor blood allows the patient to receive blood from known donors. Volunteer donor blood is usually most readily available and, when properly tested, has a low risk of side effects.
The Journal of Blood Disorders & Transfusion is an academic journal – hosted by OMICS International – a pioneer in open access publishing–and is listed among the top 10 journals in blood transfusion. Each year research scientists have noticed a rise in the number of congresses being held in this field. The Journal of Blood Disorders & Transfusion provides a unique platform to researchers and scientist to explore the advanced and latest research developments in the field of blood transfusion, thus bridging the gap between researchers and young scientists.
OMICS International – a pioneer and leading scientific event organizer, which is organizing Scientific Conference namely 3rd International Conference on Hematology & Blood Disorders November 02-04, 2015 Atlanta, USA with the theme of Research strategies, advanced technologies and upcoming challenges in Hematology as an upcoming events on blood transfusion. Since its inception, OMICS Group has focused on meeting the needs of the scientific community, through strong tie-up with business and industry, while at the same time accomplishing international benchmarks and accreditation standards. OMICS Group Conferences are integrated with workshops, symposia, trade shows and world congresses by bringing together people on a single platform thereby achieving its motto of escalating and enlightening the lamp of knowledge across the world in all the areas of Science, Medicine and Technology.
OMICS Group hosts over 400 leading-edge peer reviewed Open Access Journals and organize over 300 International Conferences annually all over the world. OMICS International journals have over 3 million readers and the fame and success of the same can be attributed to the strong editorial board which contains over 30000 eminent personalities that ensure a rapid, quality and quick review process. OMICS Group signed an agreement with more than 500 International Societies to make healthcare information Open Access.
List of major blood transfusion related Journals
List of major blood transfusion related Conferences
- International Conference on Advances in Hematology and Oncology during 28 Aug 2015 → 29 Aug 2015, Idaho, United States
- ISCB2015 — International Symposium on Critical Bleeding 2015 during 31 Aug 2015 → 01 Sep 2015, Copenhagen, Denmark
- EAHP 2016 — 18th Meeting of the European Association for Haematopathology during 03 Sep 2015 → 08 Sep 2015, Basel, Switzerland
- MHM — ASH Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies during 17 Sep 2015 → 19 Sep 2015, Chicago, United States
- CIPO2015 — 4th International Conference on Immunotherapy in Pediatric Oncology during 25 Sep 2015 → 26 Sep 2015, Seattle, United States
- Circulating Biomarkers 2015 Glasgow, during 30 Sep 2015 → 01 Oct 2015, Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Canadian Hematology Conference during 02 Oct 2015 → 03 Oct 2015, Toronto, Canada
- 9th Annual Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Advanced Conference during 07 Oct 2015 → 09 Oct 2015, London, United Kingdom
- VI InterAmerican Oncology Conference 'Current Status and Future of Anti-Cancer Targeted Therapies' during 08 Oct 2015 → 09 Oct 2015, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Tenth Cooley's Anemia Symposium during 18 Oct 2015 → 22 Oct 2015, Rosemont, United States
- CiTH — 2nd Congress on Controversies in Thrombosis and Hemostasis (CiTH) during 05 Nov 2015 → 07 Nov 2015, Barcelona, Spain
- Haematocon 2015 during 05 Nov 2015 → 08 Nov 2015, Bangalore, India
- Synergy 2015: A Multidisciplinary Approach to Interventional Oncology during 05 Nov 2015 → 08 Nov 2015, Miami Beach, United States
- Hämato/Onko Refresher during 13 Nov 2015 → 14 Nov 2015, Stuttgart, Germany
- OKK 2015 — 6. Offene Krebskonferenz 2015 during 14 Nov 2015, Jena, Germany
- Haematological Malignancies during 17 Nov 2015 → 18 Nov 2015, London, United Kingdom
- Haematology — Management Issues in Haematological Disorders in Adults during 23 Nov 2015, South Kensington, London, United Kingdom
- The 3rd International Congress of Transfusion Medicine on Evidence-Based Use of Blood Components and Plasma Derived Medicines during 15 Dec 2015 → 17 Dec 2015, Tehran, Iran
- 2nd International Conference on Nursing & Healthcare, Chicago, USA
- 2nd International Conference on Hematology & Blood Disorders, Linthicum, USA
- The 3rd annual World Cord Blood Congress, Boston, MA, United States
- The 4th annual World Cord Blood Congress, USA
- 6th International Congress on Biomarkers and Clinical Research, Toronto, Canada
- 1st Annual International Conference on Advanced Research : Physiology, Singapore
- 5th International Medical Forum, Kiev, Ukraine
- 3rd International Conference on Hematology & Blood Disorders, USA
List of major blood transfusion relatedAssociations