The Decisive Factors that Influence the Effects of Coffee Work in the Body
Received Date: Dec 01, 2017 / Accepted Date: Dec 02, 2017 / Published Date: Dec 05, 2017
Since ancient times coffee has become a favorite drink of the world’s population including Indonesian. Coffee is a drink of modern society that has become part of the lifestyle of rural and urban communities. Until now there are many people /layman stating that coffee consumption is one of causes or risk factors for cardiovascular disease so that some people worry about the occurrence of effects that interfere with health when consuming coffee. Some recent research results show that coffee consumption habits contribute to improve our healthy body (helps decrease and prevent weight gain, also supports decreased uric acid [1,3,4].
Therefore coffee consumption as part of community lifestyle modern needs to get special attention because it indirectly affects the health of the body. During this time there are still many people who do not understand the factors that affect the increase/decrease of coffee effects on body health, as follows:
2. The best type of coffee the study results is robusta coffee because the content of phenolic acids is more total than other types of coffee. The results of a study conducted at the MIPA Laboratory of Diponegoro University, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia of 8 samples of branded coffee often used by local people showed that the total phenolic content of 46 mg/g of coffee powder than Arabica coffee had only total phenolic content of 37 mg/g arabica coffee powder . The total phenolic content of the eight sample powders was determined using the Folin C reagent with the Orak method and the galic calibration curve from the waterhaouse [6,7].
5. The accompanying disease will increase or decrease coffee absorption. Example: Diabetes Mellitus  and Coronary Heart Disease  .
7. Weight a person with obesity will be different if a person has a normal weight. Differences in body weight will result in differences of body’s coffee effects .
Consumption of food / beverages will affect the health of one’s body . Consumption of water per day will affect the health of a person’s body who always consume coffee every day and according to the results of studies conducted by Rosa Lelyana showed that white water [or aqua] does not differ significantly with coffee drinks to the effect of decreased uric acid, but the consumption of water is more decreased uric acid than coffee consumption .
- Lelyana R, Moeis ST, Wijayahadi N (2009) The influence of coffee on the blood uric acid level. Simposium Nasional Kimia Bahan Alam, Semarang.
- Lelyana R (2016) Effect of Coffee Daily Consumption on Uric Acid Level and Body Weight to Prevent Metabolic Syndrome. J Nanomed Nanotechnol 7: 400.
- Lelyana R, Cahyono B (2015) Total phenolic acid contents in some commercial brands of coffee from Indonesia. J Med Plant Herbal Ther Res 3: 27-29.
- Lelyana R, Dharmana E, Hadisaputro S, Sulchan M, Soebowo, et al. (2015) Disertation. Doctoral Programme, Diponegr University.
- Orak H (2006) Total antioxidant activities,phenolic,anthocyanins, pholyphenoloxidase activities and its correlation of some important red wine grape varities which are grown in Turkey. EJPAU 9: 2006.
- Waterhouse AL (2001) Determinant of total phenolics, in current protocols in food analytical chemistry. Willey.
- Van Dam RM, Hu FB. Coffee Consumption and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes: Systematic Review. JAMA, 2005 Jul 6;294(1):97-104.
- Yang A, Palmer AA, de Wit H (2010) Genetic of caffeine consumption and responses to Caffeine. Psycopharmacology 211: 245-257.
Citation: Lelyana R (2018) The Decisive Factors that Influence the Effects of Coffee Work in the Body. J Tradit Med Clin Natur 7: e142. DOI: 10.4172/2573-4555.1000e142
Copyright: © 2018 Lelyana R. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Select your language of interest to view the total content in your interested language
Share This Article
3rd International Conference on Integrative Medicine and Alternative treatments
October 22-23, 2018 Boston, USA
International congress on Traditional and Natural Medicines
December 5-6, 2018 Lisbon, Portugal
- Total views: 510
- [From(publication date): 0-2018 - Sep 20, 2018]
- Breakdown by view type
- HTML page views: 476
- PDF downloads: 34