alexa

GET THE APP

Nutrition Congress 2017: Factors associated to lifestyle-related diseases among selected call center agents of metro Manila- Christina Isabel F Santisteban- St. Scholastica’s College-Manila, Philippines | Abstract

Journal of Nutrition Science Research
Open Access

Our Group organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Open Access Journals gaining more Readers and Citations
700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ Readers

This Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)

Nutrition Congress 2017: Factors associated to lifestyle-related diseases among selected call center agents of metro Manila- Christina Isabel F Santisteban- St. ScholasticaÂ’s College-Manila, Philippines

*Corresponding Author:

Copyright: © 0  . This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.

 
To read the full article Peer-reviewed Article PDF image

Abstract

The examine aimed to decide the superiority of way of life-associated sicknesses (DM, HPN and weight problems) and discover the elements related to it amongst decided on name centre dealers in Metro Manila. 310 decided on name centre dealers had been covered withinside the examine. Primary facts along with weight, height, and frame circumference, nutritional and bodily pastime had been measured at the same time as secondary facts had been tested from present records. Pearson correlation turned into computed for correlation among the unbiased variables and weight problems at the same time as Chi-rectangular check turned into used to decide the affiliation of way of life sicknesses to unbiased variables. Of the 310 respondents, 8.7% are diabetic at the same time as 18.4% are hypertensive. Based on BMI, 61.3% are normal, 14.5% are underweight, and 34.2% are obese to obese. Based on waist-hip-ratio, 65.2% had been at chance and 34.8% don't have any chance. In phrases of food regimen, majority have insufficient strength intake (71.3%) but ok protein intake (76.7%). For bodily pastime degree, greater than half (56.5%) had been sedentary. 

Introduction: The correlation of way of life-associated sicknesses and chance elements, all are correlated to every different besides for bodily pastime and strength and protein adequacy. With regards to affiliation, diabetes is related to age, weight, variety of years as a name middle agent, BMI and weight problems. Hypertension is related to age, variety of years as a name middle agent, weight, BMI, waist and hip circumferences, WHR and weight problems. Obesity is related to age, variety of years as a name middle agent, diabetes and hypertension. Factors related to way of life-associated sicknesses amongst respondents are age, gender, variety of years as a name middle agent, BMI, and WHR. Over 20 years ago, some intrepid agencies like Accenture, Teleperformance and E-Telecare started imparting outsourced enterprise technique offerings to customers primarily based totally withinside the United States withinside the Philippines. The Philippines touch middle enterprise turned into born. This enterprise quarter now debts for over 800,000 complete time personnel maximum of which might be millennial.

Results and Discussion: The touch middle quarter withinside the Philippines is simply one section of the bigger IT enterprise technique management (IT-BPM) enterprise. It slowly have become the primary supply of sales for the united states and is now deem to achieve $25 billion with the aid of using the stop of 2019, $sixteen billion of a good way to come from the touch middle enterprise. The primary down aspect of the touch middle monetary increase withinside the Philippines has been the worker fitness and health issues. Since 85% of Philippine primarily based totally touch facilities offer offerings to US customers the touch middle personnel paintings more often than not for the duration of night time time. This ends in a sure variety of fitness dangers along with hypertension, diabetes, weight problems, urinary tract infection, peptic ulcer, pharyngitis and different way of life associated sicknesses. These dangers are later translated to ever growing annual attrition rate, on common at 48.3% Several case research have elucidated the relatedness of weight problems to different way of life sicknesses. There is great documentation of intake of excessive strength and fatty meals with the aid of using the person populace and above common degree of weight problems amongst them. But there's inadequate facts to be had for the youngsters and children mainly for the growing nations like India. Also, due to the improved occurrence of obese amongst youngsters and the chance of next persistent disorder in adulthood, it's miles crucial to examine the correlates of obese in younger youngsters. Therefore, this examine turned into undertaken to evaluate the existence of faculty going youngsters, their cognizance bearing on the disorder and its chance elements and their options in mild of this know-how A questionnaire turned into designed to elicit the height, weight; ingesting conduct, the kid’s cognizance approximately healthful and nutritious food regimen; the meals favored with the aid of using the kid, and the food regimen furnished with the aid of using the parents; knowledge of the diverse triggers that affect the kid’s ingesting conduct (Advertisements, Peer affect, Family Background, Family’s Indulgence); bodily pastime, hobby in sports activities, and the way regularly the kid indulges in any unique game or bodily pastime; different factors that wean away the youngsters from sports activities and bodily pastime (TV viewing conduct, surfing conduct etc); perspectives on smoking conduct and consuming conduct.

Keywords

Recommended Conferences

20th World Congress on Nutrition and Food Chemistry

Dublin, Ireland
Share This Page
Top