alexa

GET THE APP

Osteogenesis Imperfecta and Constipation: A Case Report | OMICS International | Abstract
ISSN: 2161-069X

Journal of Gastrointestinal & Digestive System
Open Access

Like us on:

Our Group organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Open Access Journals gaining more Readers and Citations
700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ Readers

This Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)

Case Report

Osteogenesis Imperfecta and Constipation: A Case Report

Marwa Abu El Haija*

Pediatrics, PGY-1, University of Texas Medical Branch-Galveston, Texas, USA

*Corresponding Author:
Marwa Abu El Haija
Pediatrics, PGY-1
University of Texas Medical Branch-Galveston, Texas, USA
E-mail: [email protected]

Received date: January 19, 2013; Accepted date: February 16, 2013; Published date: February 18, 2013

Citation: El Haija MA (2013) Osteogenesis Imperfecta and Constipation: A Case Report. J Gastroint Dig Syst S3:003. doi: 10.4172/2161-069X.S3-003

Copyright: © 2013 El Haija MA. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.

Abstract

Osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) is a heterogeneous group of heritable group of disorders in which the amount of type-1 collagen is decreased or the type 1 collagen is abnormal . 90% of cases are due to autosomal dominant mutations, while the remaining 10% are due to autosomal recessive mutations or of unknown cause. Type III was found to be associated with chronic gastrointestinal (GI) problems including constipation. There are two studies that showed that children and adults who have OI Type III are more likely to have constipation and complaints of abdominal pain, constipation was contributed to pelvic deformities in those reports. We present a case of an 18 year- old female with chronic constipation and that was found to have Hirschsprung’s disease.

Top