alexa Emergency Management of an Accidental Ingestion of a De
ISSN: 2573-444X

Pediatric Dental Care
Open Access

Like us on:
OMICS International organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Open Access Journals gaining more Readers and Citations

700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ Readers

This Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)

Case Report

Emergency Management of an Accidental Ingestion of a Dental Foreign Body in Pediatric Patient Using Rigid Esophagoscopy - A Case Report

V. Daneswari1*, Visalaxi2 and Rapala Harika3

1Professor, Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Mamata Dental College and Hospital, Khammam, Telangana, India

2Reader, Department of Oral & Maxillofacial surgery, Meghana Dental College, Nizamabad, Telangana, India

3Senior lecturer, Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Mamata Dental College and Hospital, Khammam, Telangana, India

*Corresponding Author:
Daneswari V. Professor
Department of Pedodontics
Mamatha Dental College, Khammam, India
Tel: 9441177888
E-mail: [email protected]

Received date: June 06, 2016; Accepted date: June 21, 2016; Published date: June 28, 2016

Citation: Daneswari V, Visalaxi, Harika R (2016) Emergency Management of an Accidental Ingestion of a Dental Foreign Body in Pediatric Patient Using Rigid Esophagoscopy - A Case Report. Pediatr Dent Care 1:111. doi:10.4172/pdc.1000111

Copyright: © 2016 Daneshwari V, et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.

 

Abstract

In dental literature foreign body aspiration or ingestion is often experienced and documented in regard to partial dentures, indirect restorations, endodontic files and retainers. This is encountered majorly due to improper isolation techniques, crown cementing failures, operator’s negligence and patient’s maintenance errors. We present a unusual operative mishap where a 16 year old boy during cavity preparation performed by a private dental practitioner accidentally swallowed the loosened catridge of a high speed hand airotor with a bur attached to it, which was treated in a multidisciplinary setting and successfully removed using rigid endoscopy. A search of the dental literature did not reveal any reported cases of such ingestions in pediatric dentistry.

Keywords

Share This Page

Additional Info

Loading
Loading Please wait..
 
Peer Reviewed Journals
 
Make the best use of Scientific Research and information from our 700 + peer reviewed, Open Access Journals
International Conferences 2017-18
 
Meet Inspiring Speakers and Experts at our 3000+ Global Annual Meetings

Contact Us

 
© 2008-2017 OMICS International - Open Access Publisher. Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome | Above IE 7.0 version
adwords