alexa

GET THE APP

Mechanization of livestock farming in the Cheliff region of Algeria | OMICS International | Abstract
ISSN: 2329-8863

Advances in Crop Science and Technology
Open Access

Our Group organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Open Access Journals gaining more Readers and Citations
700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ Readers

This Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)

Mechanization of livestock farming in the Cheliff region of Algeria

*Corresponding Author:

Copyright: © 0  . This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.

 
To read the full article Peer-reviewed Article PDF image

Abstract

The objective that we aim through this communication is to show the place of mechanization in the farms surveyed. , We have drawn up a questionnaire The total area of the 102 farms surveyed is of the order of 2,295 ha, with an average surface area of 22.5 ha. The farm is often in the hands of the farmer who owns the land, the capital in the form of machinery, buildings, livestock and advances and provides all or part of the work: 'a scheme to argue directly. Indeed, we are witnessing the predominance of this mode of exploitation, that is, the direct appropriation of management in the majority of the farms surveyed, ie 82%. The remaining 18% of farms use leasing, which allows the farmer to diversify farming activities in order to make his farm profitable. However, durable durable means consist of the technical equipment that we tried to inventory for all farms. Nearly all the farms recorded a shortage of agricultural equipment. In fact, only 29 farms, or 28% of our sample owns tractors, while the remaining 70% make use of the lease, following the small size of their area, which increases the cost of the operation. For example, 15% of all farms own forage equipment (harvesters, balers, balers, tedder rakes, mowers, forage harvesters). In addition, 16% of the farmers own tillage equipment (plow, cover-croop), 11% of the total holdings own the milking machine, which means that the rest does the milking manually.

Keywords

Top