Ph.D. 1996, Materials Science and Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
M.S. 1989, Solid State Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India.
B.S. 1987, Physics, University of Delhi, New Delhi, India.
• NDSU 52nd Faculty Lectureship, 2011
• NDSU Peltier award for Innovations in Teaching, 2007
• Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2005-2007 most cited paper
• NDSU College of Engineering Researcher of the Year 2003
• National Science Foundation CAREER award, 2002
• Federation of Societies of Coatings Technology, Roon Award, 1999
• Microscopy Society of America Presidential Scholar Award, 1996
• Council of Graduate Schools, Nominated for Doctoral Dissertation Award
• Materials Research Society, Silver Medal Graduate Student Award, 1995
• Society of Women Engineers, Outstanding Engineering Student Award, 1996
• Chair of Academic Affairs committee of Materials Research Society, 2008-2010
• Fellow of Faculty Institute for Excellence in Learning, NDSU, 2001.
• Founder and president of University of Washington Student Chapter of Materials Research Society.
• Member of Tau Beta Pi, engineering honor society.
• National Science Foundation Engineering Educators Scholar, 1996.
• Member of Phi Kappa Phi.
Advanced composites nanocomposites biomedical engineering biomaterials materials characterization: analytical transmission and scanning electron microscopies (with EELS, EDS), vibrational microspectroscopy (FT-IR and FT-RAMAN) mathematical modeling of thermal and mechanical behavior