1. How many years have you been associated with the current research?
2. What is the research topic you are working on now?
ï Host-microbial interaction
ï microRNA and RNA-associated molecules
3. What are attributes for a quality article?
ï I identified effective molecules produced by bacteria (probiotics). The molecules are expected to be used as a new drug for intestinal disorders (Fujiya, Cell H&M, 2007; Segawa, Fujiya, PlosOns, 2011).
ï I identified that miR-18a directly bound to oncogenic protein hnRNP A1 and degraded the protein through autophagolysosomal pathway, leading apoptosis of cancer cells (Fujiya, Oncogene, in press).
ï Image-enhanced endoscopies are useful for diagnosing intestinal disorders including colon cancer, lymphoma and inflammatory bowel diseases (Sato, Fujiya, Endoscopy, 2011; Kashima, Nata, Fujiya, GUT, 2011; Fujiya, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2013; Fujiya, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2014, e.g.).
4. Do you have any research funding (NIH or other national funding) now?
Some national funds are supporting my researches.
5. When did you become an editor of OMICS Journal?
Around 3 years ago
6. Where can the journal find the maximum scope in terms of niche?
Novel insights concerning both clinical and basic science
7. What is your greatest career accomplishment?
8. How does the published scientific content assist the potential researchers?
9. What is the purpose of serving as an editor?
To promote the journal and learn research topics from submitted journal.
10. Do you have any patents?
11. Have you contributed any editorials or papers (any types) to OMICS Journals in the past two years?
12. Do you plan to contribute any editorials or papers to OMICS Journals in the next year?
13. How would you define your experience with OMICS Group?
Clinical and basic research of the intestinal tract
14. Your opinion on conducting Editorial Board meetings at related Conferences?
I don’t think the meetings are useful to promote the journal.
15. Would you recommend OMICS to your friends or colleagues?
Yes. 16. How do you differentiate Journal of Gastrointestinal & Digestive System with other journals in the field?
It would be better to ask young investigators to submit articles with very low fee.