COVID-19: All You Need to Know
Received Date: Jul 21, 2020 / Accepted Date: Aug 04, 2020 / Published Date: Aug 11, 2020
COVID-19, the disease caused by coronavirus SARS-Cov-2 is an infectious disease originated from Wuhan in China has infected over 4 million people in 212 countries, of whom at least 272,000 have died. The common symptoms include fever, body pain and cough which is often observed in other flu’s. Experts advise to wear a mask and stay indoors. They also advise to avoid crowds and wash your hands frequently or use a hand sanitizer especially in public places and avoid touching your face with your hands.
Diagnostic Pathology: Open Access officially organizes a platform for the Health care professionals and distinguished researchers around the world to explore about the potential therapeutic applications and the defense mechanisms involved in the SARS-Cov-2. It was the efforts and research of the eminent authors and our Editorial board that contributed to the success of our journal. In the current volume 5 of the journal a Research article and a case report, case series, a mini review, and 3 short-communications along with an Editor note were published.
Nakano et al. in their short-communication of Wnt signaling and histological characteristics of odontogenic tumors examined the notch signaling in oral tumors and reported that their findings are based on immunohistochemical studies of Notch expression in odontogenic tumors. They concluded by suggesting that Wnt signaling may be involved in cross-talk with Notch signaling which affects the tumorigenesis of odontogenic tumors .
Nago et al. in their Research article on micro-MRI-based detection of tissue damage in the Liver, Pancreas and Kidney during the early phases of an LPS and D-Galactosamine-Induced Hepatic Injury model in mice demonstrated the distinct temporal changes that occur in the liver and injured pancreatic acinar cells during the very acute phase of LPS induced hepatitis .
Omori et al. in their Case report of Schwannoma of floor of the mouth reported about a patient definitively diagnosed by histopathological examination and immunohistochemical examination. They proclaimed that while there were a few cases of clinical relevance of neurosensory impairment in schwannomas in the oral cavity, No symptoms of recurrence have been found in the current patient, and the postoperative course is favourable .
Ferlito in his Editorial note of Pathology from the Pandemic discussed about our previous publications and expressed about the true harmony of our journal . Yamada in Short-communication of Appropriate timing of enteral nutrition in comatose acute stroke patients reported that enteral nutrition is not sufficient for early dietary assistance for acute stroke comatose patients. Therefore, total parenteral nutrition and glucose tube feeding should be initiated within 48 hours . The other short communication published by Mitarai discusses about culture-free technology for diagnosis of Tuberculosis where he discussed about the importance of culture-free technology due to the expensive establishment of an efficient culture laboratory. TB patients often remain undiagnosed due to the absence of conventional culture examination methods and continue to spread the disease .
Yan et al. in their min-review of Intestinal Epithelial Organoids for the treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases explained that employing organoid culture to investigate the mucosal healing of inflammatory bowel diseases by discovering the molecule that regulates the regenerative response induced by intestinal epithelial stem cells can contribute to an effective therapy for inflammatory bowel diseases patients .
Morillo et al. reported two manuscripts in his case series that deal with the nail involvement as the only onset manifestation of pemphigus vulgaris and the presence of neutrophil anti-cytoplasm antibodies in the combination of pulmonary fibrosis and emphysema (CFPE). He concluded that former case shows nail lesions as the onset manifestation of pemphigus vulgaris and the latter involves CFPE as an entity in which smoking plays a leading role and is characterized by a specific clinical, radiology and functional impairment [8,9].
- Nakano K, Takabatake K, Kawai H, Yoshida S, Maeda H, et al. (2020) Wnt Signaling and Histological Characteristics of Odontogenic Tumors. Diagn Pathol Open 5: 160.
- Nago N, Yoneda M, Darkwah S, Kawamoto E, Park EJ, et al. (2020) Micro-MRI-based Detection of Tissue Damage in the Liver, Pancreas, and Kidney during the Early Phases of an LPS and D-Galactosamine-Induced Hepatic Injury Model in Mice. Diagn Pathol Open 5: 161.
- Omori H , Nakano K, Nagata Y, Takabatake K, Kawai H, et al. (2020) Schwannoma of Floor of the Mouth: A Case Report. Diagn Pathol Open 5: 162.
- Ferlito A (2020) Pathology from the Pandemic. Diagn Pathol Open 5: 163.
- Yamada SM (2020) Appropriate Timing of Enteral Nutrition in Comatose Acute Stroke Patients. Diagn Pathol Open 5: 164.
- Mitarai S (2020) Tuberculosis: Culture-Free Technology for Diagnosis and Follow-Up of Patient. Diagn Pathol Open 5: 165.
- Yan Q, Gaowa A, Kawamoto E, Park EJ, Shimaoka M (2020) Intestinal Epithelial Organoids: A Platform for Discovering Mucosal Healing Drug Candidates for the Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. Diagn Pathol Open 5: 166.
- Morillo JSG, Garcia FJN, Román AR, Prieto AO (2020) Nail Involvement as the Only Onset Manifestation of Pemphigus Vulgaris. Diagn Pathol Open 5: 167.
- Morillo JSG, Alba DB, Suárez SR (2020) A New Clinical Scenario: the Presence of Neutrophil Anti-Cytoplasm Antibodies in the Combination of Pulmonary Fibrosis and Emphysema (CFPE). Diagn Pathol Open 5: 168.
Copyright: © 2020 Mascellino MT. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Select your language of interest to view the total content in your interested language
Share This Article
Open Access Journals
- Total views: 114
- [From(publication date): 0-0 - Jul 27, 2021]
- Breakdown by view type
- HTML page views: 50
- PDF downloads: 64