alexa Strategic Assessment of Dispensing Errors in Hospital Pharmacy | OMICS International | Abstract
ISSN: 2167-065X

Clinical Pharmacology & Biopharmaceutics
Open Access

Our Group organises 3000+ Global Conferenceseries Events every year across USA, Europe & Asia with support from 1000 more scientific Societies and Publishes 700+ Open Access Journals which contains over 50000 eminent personalities, reputed scientists as editorial board members.

Open Access Journals gaining more Readers and Citations
700 Journals and 15,000,000 Readers Each Journal is getting 25,000+ Readers

This Readership is 10 times more when compared to other Subscription Journals (Source: Google Analytics)

Strategic Assessment of Dispensing Errors in Hospital Pharmacy

Majid Khan*, Mohammad Riaz, Rahmatullah, Sharif Ahmad and Hayat Mohammed
Department of Pharmacy, Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Sheringal Dir Upper Khyber Pakhtun Khwa, Pakistan
*Corresponding Author: Majid Khan, Department of Pharmacy, Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Sheringal Dir Upper Khyber Pakhtun Khwa, Pakistan, Tel: 03429837096, Email: [email protected]

Received Date: Nov 11, 2019 / Accepted Date: Nov 29, 2019 / Published Date: Dec 06, 2019

Citation: Khan M, Riaz M, Rahmatullah, Ahmad S, Mohammed H (2019) Strategic Assessment of Dispensing Errors in Hospital Pharmacy. Clin Pharmacol Biopharm 8: 190.

Copyright: © 2019 Khan M, et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.

 
To read the full article Peer-reviewed Article PDF image

Abstract

World Health Organization defines the dispensing is the main part of the rational use of medications as the right medications are given to the patients in specific doses for specific time period and cost effective. The dispensing practice is the subpart of medications which is the third leading cause of death. The concurrent study conducted of 201 patients in Pharmacy department of Tertiary care hospital on special type of proforma recommended for Good dispensing practice and World Health Organization WHO indicator for patient care and rational dispensing. Out of total patients 115 (57.21%) were male and 86 (42.7%) were female the dispensing error evaluated by using dispensing cycle which is consist of 6 steps out of 6, 26 (86.6%) dispensing cycle were followed and 4 (13.6%) deviates, beside that the WHO indicator for patient care and rational dispensing utilized in which 10 (59%) steps followed and the remaining 07 (41%) not followed up to the mark to improve overall health status and rational dispensing, the therapeutic and generic equivalents were common in practice and all of the drugs mentioned once but this practice was on the basis of products availability. The current study concluded that the Good Dispensing Cycle was followed up to some extent but not completely.

Keywords

Recommended Conferences
Share This Page
Top