A Bio-Spectroscopic Study of DNA Density and Color Role as Determining Factor for Absorbed Irradiation in Cancer Cells
Faculty of Chemistry, California South University, 14731 Comet St. Irvine, CA 92604, USA
- *Corresponding Author:
- Heidari A
Faculty of Chemistry
California South University
14731 Comet St. Irvine
CA 92604, USA
E-mail: [email protected]
Recieved Date: April 04, 2016; Accepted Date: April 05, 2016; Published Date: April 14, 2016
Citation: Heidari A (2016) A Bio-spectroscopic Study of DNA Density and Color Role as Determining Factor for Absorbed Irradiation in Cancer Cells . Adv Cancer Prev 1:e102. doi:10.4172/acp.1000e102
Copyright: © 2016 Heidari A. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Visit for more related articles at Advances in Cancer Prevention
Nowadays, the use of lasers and other biospectroscopic techniques such as Attenuated Total Reflectance Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (ATR-FTIR), Mass, UV-Vis, FT-Raman, 1HNMR, 13CNMR and 31PNMR spectroscopies have had significant progress in treatment of cancer diseases [1-17]. Process of irradiation transmission and absorption in human cells’ tissues is very important in diagnosis and treatment of many cells related diseases and specially cancer cells with optical devices like lasers and other biospectroscopic techniques such as Attenuated Total Reflectance Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (ATR-FTIR), Mass, UV-Vis, FT-Raman, 1HNMR, 13CNMR and 31PNMR spectroscopies [18-34]. Because of diversity of race and cells’ color of humans, who are being treated, knowledge about the effect of the human cells’ color on the laser treatment is essential [35-54]. According to the researches in the field of measurement optical and biospectroscopic properties of the cancers cells and efforts made for the optimization with different methods to evaluate DNA of cancer cells and changes in different individuals, were used to investigate the rate of irradiation absorption in the cancer cells with different DNA colors and densities (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Rate of irradiation absorption in the human: health cells (left illustration) and cancer cells (right illustration).
Our studies and investigations showed that the color and density of DNA in the cancer cells act determining factor in the absorbed irradiation in the cancer cells and causes to increase in the scattering of irradiation that leads to reduction in the laser beam transmission from cancer cells’ tissues. The results of this editorial showed that with regard to patient’s racial diversity and consequently differences in the color and density of DNA in the cancer cells, cell color plays an important role in choosing the appropriate laser for optimization of different treatment methods.
- HeidariA(2012) A Thesis submitted to the Faculty of the Chemistry, California South University (CSU), Irvine, California, The United States of America (USA) in Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Chemistry, Academic Year.
- Sitek A, Rosset I, Zadzinska E, Trojan AK, Jedrzejczak AN, et al. (2016) Skin color parameters and Fitzpatrick phototypes in estimating the risk of skin cancer: A case-control study in the Polish population. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 74: 16-723.
- Yossepowitch O, Leibovitch I, Nativ O, Mor Y, Cohen M, et al. (2016) PD11-08 Color And Morphology Combination For Detection of Low-Grade Urothelial Cancer Cells: Multi-Center Validation Study. The Journal of Urology 195: e291.
- Yossepowitch O, Leibovitch I, Nativ O, Cohen M, Mor Y, et al. (2016) 751 Colour and morphology combination for detection of low-grade urothelial cancer cells: Multi-center validation study. European Urology Supplements 15: e751-e753.
- VanderPas MHGM, Haglind E, Cuesta MA, Furst A, Lacy AM, et al. (2013) Laparoscopic versus open surgery for rectal cancer (COLOR II): short-term outcomes of a randomised, phase 3 trial. The Lancet Oncology 14: 210-218.
- Solar P, Hrckova G, Koptasikova L, Velebny S, Solarova Z, et al. (2016) Murine breast carcinoma 4T1 cells are more sensitive to atranorin than normal epithelial NMuMG cells in vitro: Anticancer and hepatoprotective effects of atranorin in vivo. Chemico-Biological Interactions 250: 27-37.
- Chen X, Pan Y, Liu H, Bai X, Wang N, et al. (2016) Label-free detection of liver cancer cells by aptamer-based microcantilever biosensor. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 79: 353-358.
- Ahamed M, Akhtar MJ, Alhadlaq HA, Alshamsan A (2016) Copper ferrite nanoparticle-induced cytotoxicity and oxidative stress in human breast cancer MCF-7 cells. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 142: 46-54.
- Poojari R, Kini S, Srivastava R, Panda D (2016) Intracellular interactions of electrostatically mediated layer-by-layer assembled polyelectrolytes based sorafenib nanoparticles in oral cancer cells. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 143: 131-138.
- Suyama K, Onishi H, Imaizumi A, Shinkai K, Umebayashi M, et al. (2016) CD24 suppresses malignant phenotype by downregulation of SHH transcription through STAT1 inhibition in breast cancer cells. Cancer Letters 374: 44-53.
- Medjakovic S, Hobiger S, Woelkart KA, Bucar F, Jungbauer A (2016) Pumpkin seed extract: Cell growth inhibition of hyperplastic and cancer cells, independent of steroid hormone receptors. Fitoterapia 110: 150-156.
- Tridane A, Yafia R, Alaoui MAA (2016) Targeting the quiescent cells in cancer chemotherapy treatment: Is it enough?. Applied Mathematical Modelling 40: 4844-4858.
- Zhang C, Lu Y, Li Q, Mao J, Hou Z, et al. (2016) Salinomycin suppresses TGF-β1-induced epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells. Chemico-Biological Interactions 248: 74-81.
- Wang YZ, Hao N, Feng QM, Shi HW, Xu JJ, et al. (2016) A ratiometricelectrochemiluminescence detection for cancer cells using g-C3N4 nanosheets and Ag-PAMAM-luminolnanocomposites. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 77: 76-82.
- Zimmerer RM, Matthiesen P, Kreher F, Kampmann A, Spalthoff S, et al. (2016) Putative CD133 + melanoma cancer stem cells induce initial angiogenesis in vivo. Microvascular Research 104: 46-54.
- Jamsheena V, Shilpa G, Saranya J, Harry NV,Lankalapalli RS, et al. (2016) Anticancer activity of synthetic bis(indolyl)methane-ortho-biaryls against human cervical cancer (HeLa) cells. Chemico-Biological Interactions 247: 11-21.4
- Reshma RS, Sreelatha KH, Somasundaram V, Kumar SS, Nadhan R, et al. (2016) Plumbagin, a naphthaquinone derivative induces apoptosis in BRCA 1/2 defective castrate resistant prostate cancer cells as well as prostate cancer stem-like cells. Pharmacological Research 105: 134-145.
- Faraj AA, Shaik AS, Ratemi E, Halwani R (2016) Combination of drug-conjugated SWCNT nanocarriers for efficient therapy of cancer stem cells in a breast cancer animal model. Journal of Controlled Release 225: 240-251.
- Sacca MM, Maria RD (2016) Hippo pathway and breast cancer stem cells. Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology 99: 115-122.
- Likus W, Siemianowicz K, Bienk K, Pakula M, Pathak H, et al. (2016) Could drugs inhibiting the mevalonate pathway also target cancer stem cells?. Drug Resistance Updates 25: 13-25.
- Dubash TD, Hoffmann CM, Oppel F, Giessler KM, Weber S, et al. (2016) Phenotypic differentiation does not affect tumorigenicity of primary human colon cancer initiating cells. Cancer Letters 371: 326-333.
- Jhaveri N, Agasse F, Armstrong D, Peng L, Commins D, et al. (2016) A novel drug conjugate, NEO212, targeting proneural and mesenchymal subtypes of patient-derived glioma cancer stem cells. Cancer Letters 371: 240-250.
- Wang W, Long L, Wang L, Tan C, Fei X, et al. (2016) Knockdown of Cathepsin L promotes radiosensitivity of glioma stem cells both in vivo and in vitro. Cancer Letters 371: 274-284.
- Tang G, Jorgensen JL, Zhou Y, Hu Y, Kersh M, et al. (2012) Multi-color CD34+ progenitor-focused flow cytometric assay in evaluation of myelodysplastic syndromes in patients with post cancer therapy cytopenia. Leukemia Research 36: 974-981.
- Andriani F, Bertolini G, Facchinetti F, Baldoli E, Moro M, et al. (2016) Conversion to stem-cell state in response to microenvironmental cues is regulated by balance between epithelial and mesenchymal features in lung cancer cells. Molecular Oncology 10: 253-271.
- Kim S, Chun SY, Kwon YS, Nam KS (2016) Crosstalk between Wnt signaling and Phorbol ester-mediated PKC signaling in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 77: 114-119.
- Xue F, Hu L, Ge R, Yang L, Liu K, et al. (2016) Autophagy-deficiency in hepatic progenitor cells leads to the defects of stemness and enhances susceptibility to neoplastic transformation. Cancer Letters 371: 38-47. 5
- Yoon JH, Ganbold EO, Joo SW (2016) PEGylation density-modulated anticancer drug release on gold nanoparticles in live cells. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 33: 345-354.
- Mhawi AA, Fernandes AB, Ottensmeyer FB (2007) Low-energy-loss electron microscopy of doxorubicin in human breast cancer MCF-7 cells: Localization by color. Journal of Structural Biology 158: 80-92.
- Sun J, Luo Q, Liu L, Zhang B, Shi Y, et al. (2016) Biomechanical profile of cancer stem-like cells derived from MHCC97H cell lines. Journal of Biomechanics 49: 45-52.
- Alshatwi AA, Babu PS, Antonisamy P (2016) Violacein induces apoptosis in human breast cancer cells through up regulation of BAX, p53 and down regulation of MDM2. Experimental and Toxicologic Pathology 68: 89-97.
- Agbai ON, Buster K, Sanchez M, Hernandez C, Kundu RV, et al. (2014) Skin cancer and photoprotection in people of color: A review and recommendations for physicians and the public. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 70: 748-762.
- Wang K, Fan D, Liu Y, Wang E (2015) Highly sensitive and specific colorimetric detection of cancer cells via dual-aptamer target binding strategy. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 73: 1-6.
- Ferreira JA, Peixoto A, Neves M, Gaiteiro C, Reis CA, et al. (2016) Mechanisms of cisplatin resistance and targeting of cancer stem cells: Adding glycosylation to the equation. Drug Resistance Updates 24: 34-54.
- Xiong D, Liu Z, Bian T, Li J, Huang W, et al. (2015) GX1-mediated anionic liposomes carrying adenoviral vectors for enhanced inhibition of gastric cancer vascular endothelial cells. International Journal of Pharmaceutics 496: 699-708.
- Mi y, Xiao C, Du Q, Wu W, Qi G, et al. (2016) MomordinIc couples apoptosis with autophagy in human hepatoblastoma cancer cells by reactive oxygen species (ROS)-mediated PI3K/Akt and MAPK signaling pathways. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 90: 230-242.
- Bae JH, Park SH, Yang JH, Yang K, Yi JM (2015) Stem cell-like gene expression signature identified in ionizing radiation-treated cancer cells. Gene 572: 285-291.
- Pan H, Wang BH, Lv W, Jiang Y, He L (2015) Esculetin induces apoptosis in human gastric cancer cells through a cyclophilin D-mediated mitochondrial permeability transition pore associated with ROS. Chemico-Biological Interactions 242: 51-60
- Kim TK, Park CS, Jeoung WH, Lee WR, Go NK, et al. (2015) Generation of a human antibody that inhibits TSPAN8-mediated invasion of metastatic colorectal cancer cells. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 468: 774-780.
- Amaral C, Lopes A, Varela CL, Silva ETD, Roleira FMF, et al. (2015) Exemestane metabolites suppress growth of estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer cells by inducing apoptosis and autophagy: A comparative study with Exemestane. The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology 69: 183-195.
- Revollar GM, Garay E, Tapia DM, Nava P, Huerta M, et al. (2015) Heterogeneity between triple negative breast cancer cells due to differential activation of Wnt and PI3K/AKT pathways. Experimental Cell Research 339: 67-80.
- Torrejon GC, Carbo AD, Scotti MT, Fournet A, Figadere B, et al. (2015) Experimental and theoretical study of possible correlation between the electrochemistry of canthin-6-one and the anti-proliferative activity against human cancer stem cells. Journal of Molecular Structure 1102: 242-246.
- Chen J, Lin L, Guo Z, Xu C, Tian H, et al. (2015) Synergistic treatment of cancer stem cells by combinations of antioncogenes and doxorubicin. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology 30: 417-423.
- Ge S, Zhang Y, Zhang L, Liang L, Liu H, et al. (2015) Ultrasensitive electrochemical cancer cells sensor based on trimetallic dendritic [email protected] nanoparticles for signal amplification on lab-on-paper device. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 220: 665-672.
- Hwang JY, Yoon CW, Lim HG, Park JM, Yoon S, et al. (2015) Acoustic tweezers for studying intracellular calcium signaling in SKBR-3 human breast cancer cells. Ultrasonics 63: 94-101.
- Amo L, Orbegozo ET, Maruri N, Buque A, Solaun M, et al. (2015) Podocalyxin-like protein 1 functions as an immunomodulatory molecule in breast cancer cells. Cancer Letters 368: 26-35.
- Sun M, Yang C, Zheng J, Wang M, Chen M, et al. (2015) Enhanced efficacy of chemotherapy for breast cancer stem cells by simultaneous suppression of multidrug resistance and antiapoptotic cellular defense. ActaBiomaterialia 28: 171-182.
- Wang CY, Wu TC, Hsieh SL, Tsai YH, Yeh CW, et al. (2015) Antioxidant activity and growth inhibition of human colon cancer cells by crude and purified fucoidan preparations extracted from Sargassumcristaefolium. Journal of Food and Drug Analysis 23: 766-777.
- Marrelli M, Cristaldi B, Menichini F, Conforti F (2015) Inhibitory effects of wild dietary plants on lipid peroxidation and on the proliferation of human cancer cells, Food and Chemical Toxicology 86: 16-24.
- Strecker TE, Odutola SO, Lopez R, Cooper MS, Tidmore JM, et al. (2015) The vascular disrupting activity of OXi8006 in endothelial cells and its phosphate prodrug OXi8007 in breast tumor xenografts. Cancer Letters 369: 229-241.
- Charepalli V, Reddivari L, Radhakrishnan S, Vadde R, Agarwal R, et al. (2015) Anthocyanin-containing purple-fleshed potatoes suppress colon tumorigenesis via elimination of colon cancer stem cells. The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry 26: 1641-1649.
- Chatthongpisut R, Schwartz SJ, Yongsawatdigul J (2015) Antioxidant activities and antiproliferative activity of Thai purple rice cooked by various methods on human colon cancer cells. Food Chemistry 188: 99-105.
- Nio K, Yamashita T, Okada H, Kondo M, Hayashi T, et al. (2015) Defeating EpCAM+ liver cancer stem cells by targeting chromatin remodeling enzyme CHD4 in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Journal of Hepatology 63: 1164-1172.
- Shen Z, Wu H, Yang S, Ma X, Li Z, et al. (2015) A novel Trojan-horse targeting strategy to reduce the non-specific uptake of nanocarriers by non-cancerous cells. Biomaterials 70: 1-11