MisiÃ³n BiolÃ³gica de Galicia
The Biological Mission of Galicia was created in April of 1921 by the Board of Extension of Studies and Scientific Research, presided by the Nobel Prize Santiago RamÃ³n y Cajal.
At first it is placed in the Veterinary School of Santiago de Compostela, with Cruz GallÃ¡stegui like director. The Mission remained in this city from 1921 to 1926, a year in which the Veterinary School disappears from Santiago, which puts in serious danger its survival before the disinterest of the institutions of Santiago to provide a new premises. But in 1927, thanks to the DiputaciÃ³n de Pontevedra, the Mission is in a new headquarters.
The research center is transferred to Pontevedra, first to Finca la Tablada and later to the estate and Palace that was of Archbishop Malvar in Salcedo (to 3 km of the center of the city), property then, and until now of the DiputaciÃ³n Provincial where he settled permanently